Always a Silver Lining

Always a Silver Lining

Every Rainbow has an Unicorn at the end...

Each time I see a rainbow it gives me hope....the sun shining thru moisture in the air....can there be a better feeling...still air... still moisture...still hope that a cloud has a silver lining and that our lives have light and color and texture and truth. I was lucky enough to live the last nine years in the Islands of Haida Gwaii, mother nature rule with a heavy hand, the power of the ocean, the power of the wind and yet the generosity of nature in providing fish and berries and deer and all that one needs and many Rainbows.

Recently I saw the movie Avatar, such rainbow colors, such enormous love of nature and the entangelments that nourish and sustain us. I am so glad this movie shared these feelings with the people who see this show. I feel honored to have experienced the love of the people of Haida Gwaii and the gifts of sun and surf and sights of wild animals and sea creatures and birds living like they have for thousands of years. God makes no mistakes, every creature has a job and an right to live in peaceful harmony with each other. I am truly blessed to have had the opportunity to experience this first hand.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Holiday

Looking forward to visiting my daughter Kristi, her hubby Murray and their two kitties. They have just built and have moved in to their new little house on the prairie, actually 10 acres....how wonderful for them after the hard work they have done for the last few years getting an education, working hard to pay off student loans. Its their time to really enjoy the fruits of their labour. A new adventure in life that will give them stability and pride of ownership. I am proud of the work they have done building their home by themselves, even tho Murray teaches construction at SIASK, not many would have toiled all winter to build this little by little on weekends and after work...a labour of love. I am excited to share their joy and we have a plan to plant two little trees, in honor of the passing of Kristi's brother Gord and Murrays Dad who also passed a short time ago....Watching these trees grow tall and strong against the wind and weather will remind us that life goes on. Only days from now I will be able to hug my Kristi...it is a wonderful thing to have the love of family...I am humbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment